The ADRL Summit Racing Equipment Ohio Drags VI presented by Mickey Thompson takes place on Sept. 28-29 at Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk, Ohio. It is the ninth race of the 2012 season in the American Drag Racing League (ADRL), and the ninth of 10 races on the 2012 ADRL Tour.
Series includes seven all-professional, eighth-mile drag racing classes: Summit Racing Equipment Top Sportsman (TS), Aeromotive Fuel Systems Pro Modified (PM), Extreme Pro Stock (XPS), Pro Extreme Motorcycle (PXM), Mickey Thompson Extreme 10.5 (XTF), Pro Nitrous (PN) and Pro Extreme (PX), the quickest and fastest full-bodied, doorslammer class in the world.
The revolutionary new SuperCar Showdown will also compete at this race.
Pro Junior Dragsters (PJD) also compete at each ADRL event.
The event title sponsor is Summit Racing Equipment. For more than 40 years, Summit Racing Equipment has set and reset the standard for fast shipping, customer service, and tech expertise in the auto parts, performance parts and OE replacement parts industry. Since the beginning, we’ve followed a simple formula: Give customers the parts they want at a fair price, deliver those parts fast, and back them with the best customer service on the planet.
Visit Summit Racing Equipment at www.summitracing.com.
The event presenting sponsor is Mickey Thompson. Mickey Thompson Performance Tires designs, develops and distributes specialty tires for the street, strip, track, and off-road. Since its founding in 1963, the company has championed many firsts in the tire industry, from wide low-profile street tires to rugged, aggressive-tread off-road tires. Designing and producing innovative tread patterns and compounds to build the best performance tires in the world was its focus then, and is still its focus today.
Visit Mickey Thompson at www.mickeythompsontires.com
Official Race Hotel
Sawmill Creek Resort in Huron, Ohio has been named the official race hotel for the race.
The Sawmill Creek Resort will be partnering with the ADRL and will allow fans and race teams the opportunity to stay at one of the areaâ€™s premier hotels, which is also located 15 miles Summit Motorsports Park. The special ADRL rate is just $119 per night.
Sawmill Creek presents race teams and fans with numerous other ways to enjoy their time during the race weekend.Â The resort boasts 236 lodge-appointed guest rooms, world-class golf, charter fishing, pristine beaches, indoor and outdoor pools, cruising on Lake Erie and exceptional food from several restaurants.
For more information on Sawmill Creek Resort, please visit www.sawmillcreek.com, or call 1-800 SAWMILL to reserve guest rooms.
Summit Motorsports Park
1300 State Rt. 18
Norwalk, OH 44857
Contact Summit Motorsports Park at (419) 668-5555 or visit www.summitmotorsportspark.com
THURSDAY (Sept. 27)
- Pit gates open at 8 a.m.
- Event parking (includes competitors, manufacturers and vendors) from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM Tech inspection and registration for all classes from 10:00 AM to 8 PM
- Secure Track 10:00 PM
FRIDAY (Sept. 28)
- Pit gates open at 8:00 AM
- Spectator gates open at 10 AM
- Qualifying Round 1 at 12 PM (Run order: T/S,PM,XPS,PXM,XTF,PN,PX,PJD)
- Qualifying Round 2 at 3 PM (Run order: T/S,PM,XPS,PXM,XTF,PN,PX,PJD)
- Event Ceremonies at 6 PM
- Qualifying Round 3 at 6:30 PM (Run order: T/S,PM,XPS,PXM,XTF,PJD,PN,PX)
- Jet Car and Exhibition runs at 9:30 PM
- Secure Track at 10 PM
SATURDAY (Sept. 29)
- Spectator gates open at 10:00 AM
- Qualifying Round 4 at 12:00 PM (Run order: T/S,PM,XPS,PXM,XTF,PN,PX,PJD)
- Pre-Race Ceremonies at 3:15 PM
- Eliminations Round 1 at 3:30 PM (Run order: T/S,PM,XPS,PXM,XTF,PN,PX,PJD)
- Eliminations Round 2 at 6 PM (Run order: T/S,XPS,PXM,XTF,PN,PX,PJD)
- Eliminations Round 3 at 8 PM (Run order: T/S,PM,XPS,PXM,XTF,PN,PX,PJD)
- Jet Funny Car at 9 PM
- Final Eliminations 9:30 PM (Run order: PJD, T/S,PM,XPS,PXM,XTF,PN,PX)
- Exhibition Run at 10 PM
- Winnerâ€™s Circle Celebration at 10:15 PM
- Secure Event at 11 PM
Map Link: http://g.co/maps/qj49u
Pro Extreme â€“ Alex Hossler def. Joshua Hernandez
Pro Nitrous â€“ Mike Castellana def. Stan Allen
Extreme 10.5 â€“ Grant McCrary def. Chuck Ulsch
Pro Extreme Motorcycle â€“ Jeremy Teasley def. Travis Davis
Extreme Pro Stock â€“ Cary Goforth def. Doug Kirk
Pro Modified â€“ Lee Adkins def. Pete Farber
Top Sportsman â€“ Scott Wasko def. Glenn Butcher
Pro Junior Dragster â€“ Trevor Wilson def. Kaley Allen